The temperature is rising and the sun is shining, warranting a winning combination for time with the family outdoors! If you have a little one, it is a perfect opportunity to soak up the benefits of the sun while also enjoying bonding time by wearing your baby in a wrap. Below are just five of the many benefits to wearing your baby:
1. Babies get used to moving with the mother during pregnancy. Therefore, moving around with the mom or dad in a wrap is calming and can have a soothing effect.
2. The stimulation received while in a wrap helps babies breathe and grow more efficiently. This connection can be attributed to the fact that more contact between mother and baby can help establish and maintain a good breastfeeding relationship.
3. Being worn in a wrap enhances brain development as babies are exposed to a myriad of sounds and experiences. Since the baby is positioned closer to eye level, he/she will feel included in conversations and interactions, which can boost speech development.
4. Baby wearing frees mom or dad’s hands to get other things accomplished. Perhaps you need to push a stroller with your other child, wash dishes or prepare veggies for dinner…You can! It’s that simple.
5. Baby wearing puts your heart near the babies heart. This is very calming for the baby who heard mommies heart beat for 9 months before meeting her.
Learn more about baby wearing here: